Have You Been Arrested or
Accused of a Crime?
Are You Worried How it Will Affect
For a Free Consultation
Traffic Crimes Attorney
If you have been charged with a Traffic Crime in Shelby County Alabama, take it seriously. Do not risk your future by trying to handle it yourself. Daniel Alexander is just a phone call away when you need him most. Call Shelby County Criminal Law, LLC at (205) 475-8048.
Serious Traffic Crimes in Shelby County Alabama
- Driving under a suspended license
- Reckless driving
- Fleeing law enforcement by vehicle
- Homicide by vehicle
- Fleeing the scene of an accident
- Driving under the influence
Reckless Driving in Shelby County, AL
Code of Alabama Section 32-5A-190
Any person who drives any vehicle carelessly and heedlessly in willful or wanton disregard for the rights or safety of persons or property, or without due caution and circumspection and at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property, shall be guilty of reckless driving.
In short, you were driving dangerously. This could be subjective depending on who pulls you over.
If found guilty, the punishment could be up to $500 fine, 6 months in jail, and 6 month driving suspension. Worse than that are the points that go against your license and that affects the cost of your car insurance for years.
Driving Under the Influence In Shelby County, AL
Driving Under the Influence (of alcohol or drugs) is a serious crime in Alabama. Penalties can range from mandatory alcohol education classes, fines, jail, suspension, or revocation of driving privileges, and/or prison. DUI crimes are unique in that the penalties compound with repeat offenses over a compressed period of time.
An Ignition Interlock Device may be placed on the vehicle of someone who gets a DUI. The device tests the driver’s breath for alcohol. The offender must remain in compliance with the court requirements.
Homicide by Vehicle In Shelby County, AL
If you are driving causes the death of another person, then you may be charged with Homicide by Vehicle. The person that dies may be in the same vehicle, a pedestrian, or in another vehicle. Call Daniel Alexander, your Shelby County Criminal Attorney, at 205-475-8048.
- MisdemeanorsDisorderly conduct - Trespassing - Simple assault - Petty theft - Public intoxication - Reckless driving
- FelonyMurder - Rape - Robbery - Burglary - Grand theft - Kidnapping
- Drug CrimesPossession of marijuana - Drug trafficking - Possession of drug paraphernalia - Driving under the influence of drugs - Prescription fraud - Manufacturing of illegal drugs
- Traffic CrimesDriving under the influence of alcohol - Reckless driving - Hit and run - Driving with a suspended license - Speeding - Running a red light or stop sign
- Violent CrimesAssault - Battery - Homicide - Domestic violence - Robbery - Kidnapping
- Child AbusePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Neglect - Sexual abuse - Abandonment - Endangerment
- Sexual OffensesRape - Sexual assault - Child pornography - Indecent exposure - Prostitution - Sexual exploitation
- Stalking/Aggravated StalkingFollowing someone - Sending unwanted gifts or messages - Showing up uninvited to someone's home or workplace - Threatening harm - Violating restraining orders - Using technology to track someone
- Domestic ViolencePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Sexual abuse - Economic abuse - Stalking - Intimidation
- Human TraffickingForced labor - Sexual exploitation - Debt bondage - Organ trafficking - Forced marriage - Child soldiers
- Elder AbusePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Financial abuse - Neglect - Sexual abuse - Abandonment
- Sex Offenses by ComputerPossession or distribution of child pornography - Sexting with a minor - Online solicitation of minors - Sexual extortion - Cyberstalking - Identity theft
- Property OffensesBurglary - Robbery - Arson - Vandalism - Trespassing - Fraud
- Theft CrimesGrand theft - Petty theft - Shoplifting - Embezzlement - Identity theft - Carjacking
- HarassmentVerbal abuse - Threats - Stalking - Bullying - Discrimination - Intimidation