Have You Been Arrested or
Accused of a Crime?
Are You Worried How it Will Affect
For a Free Consultation
Criminal law covers a wide range of crimes and their punishments. Criminal Law is divided into misdemeanors and felonies. These are also divided into degrees of gravity from 1-4. 1 being the most egregious and 4 being the least. In Dan Alexander's criminal practice in Shelby County Alabama, he represents people who have been charged with:
- Drug Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Domestic Crimes
- DUI crimes
Felonies in Shelby County Alabama
Felonies are serious offenses that carry a punishment of over a year in jail/prison. A felon may also lose certain rights - like voting, serving on a jury, or the right to own/carry a firearm. If you have been charged with a felony, it is imperative that you have someone who understands the judicial system.
Dan Alexander has covered both sides of the court. He has been an Assistant District Attorney and a Public Defender in Shelby County Alabama. He knows how it works. With almost twenty years of practicing criminal law, Dan has the experience you need for your criminal case. Call Shelby County Criminal Attorney, LLC at 205-475-8048.
- MisdemeanorsDisorderly conduct - Trespassing - Simple assault - Petty theft - Public intoxication - Reckless driving
- FelonyMurder - Rape - Robbery - Burglary - Grand theft - Kidnapping
- Drug CrimesPossession of marijuana - Drug trafficking - Possession of drug paraphernalia - Driving under the influence of drugs - Prescription fraud - Manufacturing of illegal drugs
- Traffic CrimesDriving under the influence of alcohol - Reckless driving - Hit and run - Driving with a suspended license - Speeding - Running a red light or stop sign
- Violent CrimesAssault - Battery - Homicide - Domestic violence - Robbery - Kidnapping
- Child AbusePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Neglect - Sexual abuse - Abandonment - Endangerment
- Sexual OffensesRape - Sexual assault - Child pornography - Indecent exposure - Prostitution - Sexual exploitation
- Stalking/Aggravated StalkingFollowing someone - Sending unwanted gifts or messages - Showing up uninvited to someone's home or workplace - Threatening harm - Violating restraining orders - Using technology to track someone
- Domestic ViolencePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Sexual abuse - Economic abuse - Stalking - Intimidation
- Human TraffickingForced labor - Sexual exploitation - Debt bondage - Organ trafficking - Forced marriage - Child soldiers
- Elder AbusePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Financial abuse - Neglect - Sexual abuse - Abandonment
- Sex Offenses by ComputerPossession or distribution of child pornography - Sexting with a minor - Online solicitation of minors - Sexual extortion - Cyberstalking - Identity theft
- Property OffensesBurglary - Robbery - Arson - Vandalism - Trespassing - Fraud
- Theft CrimesGrand theft - Petty theft - Shoplifting - Embezzlement - Identity theft - Carjacking
- HarassmentVerbal abuse - Threats - Stalking - Bullying - Discrimination - Intimidation
Juvenile Court is for the purpose of adjudicating cases of under-age offenders. Age is not the only determining factor as to a court case staying in juvenile court or being sent up to criminal court. Dan Alexander will represent your minor child to work for the best possible outcome in their criminal case. Call his office at 205-475-8048 to discuss your next steps.