Have You Been Arrested or
Accused of a Crime?
Are You Worried How it Will Affect
For a Free Consultation
Domestic Violence in Shelby County Alabama
Domestic Violence covers crimes such as assault, menacing, reckless endangerment, and harassment when they are perpetrated on someone with whom there is or has been a physical or familial relationship. Crimes such as burglary and assault can pick up a domestic violence charge if the victim was someone with a familial or current and/or past romantic relationship.
- First degree burglary or first-degree assault garner a first-degree domestic violence if committed against certain current or former relationships. First degree domestic violence is a Class A felony.
- Second degree burglary or second-degree assault garner a second-degree domestic violence if committed against certain current or former relationships. Second degree domestic violence is a Class B felony.
- Third degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment, etc., picks up a third-degree domestic violence if committed against someone with a familial or romantic relationship. It is a misdemeanor for the first two convictions. Three or more convictions and it changes to a Class C felony.
Daniel Alexander wants to discuss your options and to map a strategy. Together you will aggressively fight for the best outcome possible. He will keep you apprised of your situation every step of the way. Daniel’s clients can reach him by phone, text, or email. Contact our Shelby County Domestic Violence criminal defense attorney at (205) 475-8048 today.
- MisdemeanorsDisorderly conduct - Trespassing - Simple assault - Petty theft - Public intoxication - Reckless driving
- FelonyMurder - Rape - Robbery - Burglary - Grand theft - Kidnapping
- Drug CrimesPossession of marijuana - Drug trafficking - Possession of drug paraphernalia - Driving under the influence of drugs - Prescription fraud - Manufacturing of illegal drugs
- Traffic CrimesDriving under the influence of alcohol - Reckless driving - Hit and run - Driving with a suspended license - Speeding - Running a red light or stop sign
- Violent CrimesAssault - Battery - Homicide - Domestic violence - Robbery - Kidnapping
- Child AbusePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Neglect - Sexual abuse - Abandonment - Endangerment
- Sexual OffensesRape - Sexual assault - Child pornography - Indecent exposure - Prostitution - Sexual exploitation
- Stalking/Aggravated StalkingFollowing someone - Sending unwanted gifts or messages - Showing up uninvited to someone's home or workplace - Threatening harm - Violating restraining orders - Using technology to track someone
- Domestic ViolencePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Sexual abuse - Economic abuse - Stalking - Intimidation
- Human TraffickingForced labor - Sexual exploitation - Debt bondage - Organ trafficking - Forced marriage - Child soldiers
- Elder AbusePhysical abuse - Emotional abuse - Financial abuse - Neglect - Sexual abuse - Abandonment
- Sex Offenses by ComputerPossession or distribution of child pornography - Sexting with a minor - Online solicitation of minors - Sexual extortion - Cyberstalking - Identity theft
- Property OffensesBurglary - Robbery - Arson - Vandalism - Trespassing - Fraud
- Theft CrimesGrand theft - Petty theft - Shoplifting - Embezzlement - Identity theft - Carjacking
- HarassmentVerbal abuse - Threats - Stalking - Bullying - Discrimination - Intimidation